Thursday 29 May 2014

Foliage Paradise on 28th Street


After a brilliant first few days in New York I'd almost forgotten that I had come to do the ICFF trade show! I had a few jobs to do before the show and one of them was to find some twigs or branches to adorn my stand. I asked Jill if she knew a good florist but she did better than that - she took me to a WHOLE STREET of them!


This is 28th street between 6th and 7th Avenue and I had a lot of fun here. There is a flower market in the street early in the morning and the rest of the day it's plant shopping heaven.


I loved the humid house plant shops with jungle like tunnels of green.




This is Jill my jungle exploring companion.




I loved the Palms and Yucca's lining the pavements.



I loved the trays of succulents spilling out into the street.






The flower shops were full of prettiness.



The shop fronts were interesting.




It was a hive of activity.


with people doing their thing.



It's not every day you see a guy wheeling a cacti down the street.


Amongst all this beauty and lusciousness was the tackiest shop ever selling twigs sprayed with glitter and everything artificial and this is where I found the perfect bunch of dried pussy willows for my stand. 

Job done!

  I wish I had a 28th Street within walking distance of my house. I would have a jungle of my own!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...