Monday 23 July 2012

Alliums


My Allium lamp has long been a best seller. It was originally inspired by the Alliums my Mum grew in her garden and she would always dry out the flower heads and keep them in the house as beautiful ornaments (most useful for photo shoots).


It was so much fun to visit the Allium stand in the floral bouquets pavilion at Tatton.

Add caption(photo my Sarah Mason Photography)
All their beautiful forms. Big heads on tall stems.


I got a photo high taking pictures! 


I didn't know there were so many different varieties.


Being at Tatton inspired me to have a garden. I get SO inspired by looking at plants but I don't have much of a garden. My paved yard has a few pots, mostly battered by this Summers heavy rain. This evening we sat out there for the first time this year with a glass of wine and cats on our knees. The bees buzzing around the flowers brings me such simple pleasure. I'd like more of that.


Sarah and Suzie bought me some bulbs to plant for next year.


I can't wait to have them growing in my garden. I think it's the beginning of something.

2 comments:

Sarah Mason Photography said...

I love the story behind your inspiration. What amazing things they are with their big lollypop heads! Another great Tatton post with beautiful photos. Looking forward to seeing the alliums in your garden next year! x

Unknown said...

Absolutely amazing photographs!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...