Saturday 18 February 2012

Quaking Grass


I'm really excited about this new design, based on Quaking Grass which is a lovely plant that I discovered in my new Year in the Life of an English Meadow book (lovely lovely book). Engraving the stem is pretty much the only way to describe the delicacy of the plant. A cut shape would be so fine that it would break too easily.
It's so lovely when the light shines through. I'm looking forward to turning it into something. Shame I won't have much time in the studio this week because of moving house...oh and because of having to do the last tweaks to the book layout by Friday.... that's got me quaking like quaking grass!


3 comments:

Unknown said...

I grow lots of quaking grass - Briza maxima and minima - for the bouquets I sell, and just for me to enjoy too, it really is so delicate and I just love the way it sways and bobs about. Perfect for your lamps. X

Unknown said...

Ps. Good luck with the move! X

LOULA BELLE AT HOME said...

Very pretty Hannah. Just had a catch up with your blog. All the best for your future in your new home x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...