Monday 13 February 2012

New shapes

Some great new shapes just arrived from the laser cutters. I have found so much inspiration in grasses lately and  these shapes have developed since doodling them in my sketchbook.


The wren found a home in the meadow.


The I played with cutting out the areas I want to the light to shine through. I've been looking at a lot of pictures of meadows lately and I love the way the tiny hairs on the plant silhouettes are illuminated in when the sun is behind them..


I was originally going to make a wall panel but last night I had a vision for a new shape. A wide oval lamp

perfect for sitting on a shelf at eye level. That's just what it's doing in my living room right now.

5 comments:

rhian said...

That is a lovely lamp.

Karen Lewis Textiles said...

that's just stunning, Hannah...LOVE it!

Sam said...

Hellooo Hannah!!! your work is A MA ZING !!!I'm really impressed, you really have a delicate, fresh taste!... and I always remember how cute you were with me when I purchased some beautiful lamps from Radiance :) Have a nice day and nice work ;) Hugs from Italy ***

Handmade in Israel said...

Fabulous! I love it.

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous, I love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...