Friday 2 October 2009

Denmark



I just had a marvellous few days visiting my friend Amy in Denmark. We realised that it was our 20 year anniversary as we met in September 1989 when we started at Dewsbury College of Art and Design. I was only 16! Amy is a textile artist with a fascination for bats and has made me a very special personalised Bat Box for Radiance. I thought it would go and collect it and see Amy's beautiful home and studio in the Danish countryside.



Sofus accompanied us for a walk in the cold crisp morning sunshine.



Otis enjoyed his cuddles.





Amys workshop is full of inspiring and interesting work. Cupboards full of fabric and trimmings and shelves of her bat boxes. It has a lovely view across their lake and they have deer running throught the garden. She is currently working on her website and I'll alert you to it as soon as it's done so you can have a closer look at everything. Here i am with my Bat Box. It has a lamp and an illuminated wall panel, a cosy chair, pictures of my family and cats on the walls and a shelf full of books. I'm going to put more pictures on the Radiance blog later on....




3 comments:

Dee said...

Looks fun, I love the look of the wooden houses.

Unknown said...

wow, what a gorgeous house, fantastic trip, and fab bat box! await further news..............

Christian said...

Hannah, dear Hannah.
Thank you for the lovely visit. It was very nice to have you stay and you are always welcome here again.
You've turned Amy into a regular user of the electronic workstation:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...